Founded in 1992, CGC Genetics is one of the main European clinical genetics laboratories and leader in medical genetic tests in Portugal. CGC Genetics, with headquarters in Porto, receives samples for genetic testing from all over the world, including hospitals, national and international, public and private, medical clinics, insurance companies and universities.
Using vanguard technologies and strict quality policies, CGC Genetics has a clinical department with Genetics Specialists. In addition, more than 80 highly qualified Geneticists are divided into different laboratory areas: Clinical Genomics, Molecular Diagnostics, Cytogenetics, Prenatal screening and Pathology, offering more than 4,000 genetic tests in a variety of specialties such as prenatal diagnostic and screening, hematology, oncology, neurology, ophthalmology, cardiology, preventive medicine, common and rare diseases, pharmacogenetics and clinical trials. With an important footprint in the genetic field, CGC Genetics has wide experience in array CGH, NGS panels and Whole Exome, analyzed and interpreted with high clinical integration.
The great investment in research and development of new and unique tests, positioned CGC Genetics as an international reference center (with more than 3,800 entries in different directories of genetic tests), being the exclusive diagnostic test provider for some disorders.
Now as a part of Unilabs Group we are looking for Senior Genetic Technician to reinforced our team.
- Analysis and interpreting of genetic test results using NGS, Sanger and other sequencing methods
- Creation of genetic reports in clinical context
- Use of ACMG guidelines for variant classification
- Msc or Phd in Genetics or related;
- Knowledge of current genomic information and variant databases;
- Good understanding of human Genetics;
- Experience in analysis, interpreting and reporting genetic tests results (NGS, Sanger sequencing and other methods);
- Experience in using ACMG guidelines;
- Experience in whole exome analysis in a Clinical setting is a plus